May 8th to September 18th, 2019 ⇾ Every Wednesday Night for 20 consecutive weeks
If a tournament is scheduled, an email will be sent out. If possible, a 9-hole shotgun will take place.
League Times: 1:00pm-2:00pm | 4:00pm-6:00pmTee times can be booked outside of these times.
Member & Public Entry Fee: $175 This entry fee includes your $5 weekly prize, opening banquet & closing banquet fee
Special Rates available for Men’s Night Play!
Public Green Fees: $49 + tax each night (includes green fee & cart). Feel free to continue on and play 18 at no extra charge
Member Fees: Cart fee, if applicable
Wednesday May 1st: 9 Hole Shotgun 4:30pm, League Dinner, League Orientation (not an official League Night, must be registered to attend)
Wednesday May 8th: First official League Night
Wednesday September 18th: Last official League Night
Wednesday September 25th: Banquet/ Prize Presentation 6:00pm
Each week an optional skins game will be held. This will be flighted (TBA). Price to get into the game is $5.00 and all players participating must have a valid Men’s Night handicap. $4 goes to the skins pot and will be paid out as cash to skin winners. $1.00 will go towards Closest To The Pin and will be paid out in the from of a GolfNorth Gift Card.
Putt for Dough $1.00 (optional)
For $1.00, you can have a chance at a Putt for Dough. Each night at 7:45pm a name will be drawn out of a hat. If you happen to be that person, you will have one putt attempt to win the pot. A putt of 30ft will be marked on the putting green. If you make it, you win the cash. If the putt is missed, the pot will be carried over to the following week. This pot will continue to grow weekly until somebody wins. Only those who pay the $1.00 are eligible. If there is money in the pot at seasons end, names will be drawn the night of the closing banquet until somebody makes the putt.
- Each week a 9-hole game is played. A 9 hole handicap will be used and scores will be on a net basis. Points will be awarded based on Net scores (see scoring chart herein). Standings, based upon accumulated point totals, will be posted on the Men’s Night League Board weekly, with the final standings determining the order of prize acquisition at the time of the closing banquet.
Unless otherwise specified, all players will tee off on 1st tee.
- Gold Tees will be played every week. If your age and handicap equal 85 or greater, you can move up one set of blocks
- The league will run for 20 weeks. Only 15 scores will count toward your final total. This allows for rainouts and for missed weeks. For weeks of questionable weather, a minimum of 40% of the total league registration listing must play for the week to count.
- Returning players, who were part of the Grey Silo Men’s Night in 2018, will begin the year with their closing Men’s Night handicap as calculated at the end of the 2018 season by Clubhouse golf.
- Players that are new to the league in 2019 will play based on half of your index, which will be used to determine your handicap. After that time, a handicap based on your Men’s Night scores will be assigned, and adjusted weekly. If you do not have a valid index, you will have to play to a 0 index for the first 3 weeks, and then you will be assigned a handicap based on your Men’s Night play as calculated by the computer system.
Points will be awarded as follows: (NET)
- 7 under par (or better) – 7 pts.
- 6 under par – 6 pts.
- 5 under par – 6 pts.
- 4 under par – 5 pts.
- 3 under par – 5 pts.
- 2 under par – 4 pts.
- 1 under par – 4 pts.
- EVEN PAR – 3 pts.
- 1 over par – 3 pts.
- 2 over par – 2 pts.
- 3 over par – 1 pt.
- 4 over par (or worse/participation) – 1 pt
*A bonus point will also be awarded to the player who wins the duly designated closest to the pin each week (a maximum of three  points will be awarded to a single player for closest to the pin for the 2019 season). In addition, Molson’s Canada, a men’s league sponsor for the 2019 season, will be awarding weekly prizes for a closest to the pin winner and beer steins, filled with a Molson product, will be issued to the low net winner each week.
One of the highlights of the Clubhouse scoring system is that it automatically updates online, in real-time scoring, and is solely based on your men’s night scores. Players who have valid handicaps from last season’s Men’s Night will begin with those handicaps, as will those who provide the Pro Shop with a valid Golf Canada Index. Those without a handicap will start with zero. Once three scores have been entered these players with a 0 handicap will begin to see their handicap change and become more accurate.
Please bookmark Clubhouse Golf on your browser, as we will also use this outlet to post updates and announcements throughout the 2019 season.
Prizes: Year End
The order of presentation for year-end awards/prizes for all participants will be, as in years past, dictated by the order in which you finished after the final standings have been calculated on closing night